What are some of the wisdom behind behind choosing Madina as the city to migrate to? There are many advantages of of Madina over the other cities. Here we look at few of those advantages and Allah (S) knows best.
- Madina has a strategic location – protected from 3 sides and only one side is open for dense cultivation. The three sides are covered by volcanic lava not easy to traverse or cross by any army.
- Centuries of civil war and blood shed taught the new generation in Madina to not to depend anymore on the older leadership. So the new Muslims and the Prophet received warm ovation from the general public.
- The Prophet had blood connection with the people of Madina and Syria.
- The Dajjal will never be able to enter this city as two angels will stop him at the entrance gate.
- It is known as the most sacred place after Kab’ah where no one is allowed to enter with any kind of weapon.
- The food sold in Madina carry Baraka and have good in it for everybody.
The content of this page was compiled from video lectures on the Seerah of the Prophet Muhamamd (PBUH) by Yasir Qadhi. The video can be found here.