The unique characteristics of Prophet Muhammad are many and scholars have written books just on this topic. Detailed discussion on this topic is beyond the scope of this page, here we are mentioning just a few of his unique characteristics.
- Final Prophet – Allah chose him to be the final Prophet. There will be no other prophet after him. His message of Islamic monotheism is for all of humanity.
- The prophethood of Prophet Muhammad was decreed by Allah even before Adam (A) had existed.
- He is the only Prophet who has been sent to all of humanity and even Jinn. His message was not limited to a particular city or tribe, rather he was sent as a messenger to all of humanity.
- Allah has blessed him with a type of fear that used to reach the enemies even before he reached them.
- He has been given the largest Ummah – followers. His followers are the largest and according to one Hadith, his Ummah will occupy two-third of the Jannah.
- He has been given the most powerful of miracles, and that is the miracle of the Quran. All the previous miracles given to other prophets were only for the people who witnessed it first hand, but Quran is a miracle that all of humanity has access to.
- The night journey of Isra-wal-Miraj – no other Prophet has ever been called up to the presence of Allah.
- He is the leader of all of humanity.
- He will be the very first human being to be resurrected on the day of judgement.
- He has been given Al-Kauthar, the blessing of abundance.
- He will be the one to first cross the seerat, he will be the one guiding the Ummah to Jannah, he will be the first human to enter Jannah after Adam (A) had left. It is his name, that will open up the gates of Jannah. We, his Ummah, will enter the Jannah after him even though we are the last Ummah chronologically.
- Allah has blessed him with the highest level of Jannah.
The content of this page was compiled from video lectures on the Seerah of the Prophet Muhamamd (PBUH) by Yasir Qadhi. The video can be found here.